Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
It’s the future you flying out from Stratosphere.
As Cameron Lewis from CNN puts it;
What do you do when you are bored and still young. You’re in your twenties, done with school, have a steady job; but what’s in it for you? Money? A steady life? That’s fulfilling to some but not for all. What is fulfilling to a person? What about learning something new? That’s a start. Go out and find something you have never done before and experience that moment to its fullest. But how do you accomplish that? More times than none you need other people. Who would you learn from? Who would help you along the way? So far we have the need to do something fulfilling, something new, something adventurous.
Time to fly high !
How about an electrifying experience that might give you a grin that’s wide a mile, that’s going to last for a week:
How about skydiving?
Maybe it’s already on your resolution/bucket list. Or maybe you said that’s what you want to do in a corporate honcho meeting where others were talking about Maserati, or gifting the wife a new yacht.
Okay, but where do you actually do it?
Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. We have compiled best places for skydiving in India.
Skydiving in India is relatively new and costly compared to other countries. As a result (and because some people just aren’t as daring as you are!), your uncles, aunts, your cook/bai even your milkman will probably try to talk you out of it. If you have survived the emotional blackmailing, then check out the following places for skydiving in india.
- 1. Mysore, Karnataka
- Mysore topped our list because the Sky Diving In India provided the most enthralling experience according to skydivers and it’s worth every single penny. Situated in Chamundi Hills: it’s time to fly high.
- 2. Dhana, Madyapradesh
- 3. Deesa, Gujarat
- Organised by Indian parachuting federation, Deesa was the first recognised city for drop down. More details in parachuting.in.
- 4. Pondicherry, Tamilnadu
- Kakkini enterprises often conduct skydiving camps in Pondicherry. More information at skydivinginindia.com.
- 5. Aamby Valley, Maharashtra
- It is the first place in india to offer round the year packages for skydiving. More information at www.aambyvalley.com.
- 6. Vellore, Tamilnadu
- As organisers thrillophobia puts it, if you are a daredevil who chose to live on the edges, this is the place for you. Right time and place can be found more on thrillophilia.com.
- 7. Jalgaon, Maharashtra
- 8. Bhiwani & Narnaul, Haryana
- The Indian Skydiving and Parachute Association comes up with awesome camps every year in Bhiwani ,Haryana . Book your tickets now. More information at skydivingindia.org.
Types of Skydiving jumps
- 1. Static Line Jump
- Once the person jumps off the plane, the main parachute inflates braking the fall and under this mechanism the parachute opens automatically without any effort from the passenger.
- 2. Tandem Jump
Tandem skydiving or Tandem Parachuting refers to a type of skydiving where a student skydiver is connected to a harness attached to a tandem instructor in a where ever you go, I go motion.
- 3. Accelerated Free Fall
This could be equivalent to playing ringa-ringa roses in the air. With this method, the instructor or the instructors hold on to the student until she deploys her parachute and once the student’s parachute is deployed, the instructors fly away and deploy their own canopies.
Climb is tough, but the view is great. In that astounding silence, you will experience something that cannot be expressed by words.