If you’re that avid traveler who cannot live without traveling to one place or another from time to time, this is for you. Thrown in is a mix of destinations that you may already be familiar with and others you may not yet have heard of . The places to visit in our life time.
1. Venice, Italy – This wondrous city connected by bridges and canals is certainly a must visit simply because there is no other city like it. Blending together Italian charm and a peaceful ambiance, you will have the time of your life sitting in a gondola and looking at the beautiful structures around you. In recent years, the city however has been under threat from global warming and rising water levels, however its charm remains untouched.
2. Amazon Rain Forest – Wonder of nature at its best. Due to the rising and falling levels of Amazon River throughout the year, the flora and fauna changes often, making every journey to the Amazon rain forest unique. The Amazon green cover is disappearing gradually due to deforestation and other illegal activities, and many environmental organizations have launched campaigns to save the Amazon. Visit it to witness nature at its spectacular best.
3. Machu Picchu – Get lost in time as you visit this Incan heritage site. The ruins are well preserved, and you will forget for a moment that you are in the 21st century. Its location is isolated and remote, enhancing the experience for the enthusiastic traveler.
4. The Pyramids of Giza, Egypt – No travel bucket list would be complete without a visit to the ancient structures put together by one of the most renowned civilizations in the world, the ancient Egyptians. Marvel at the wonderful engineering of the pyramids and take a moment to appreciate their various contributions to the modern world (in medicine, engineering, etc.)
6. Socotra Island, Yemen – This very isolated island isn’t well known but is very unique. It contains plants that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Known as the most alien looking place on Earth
7. The Taj Mahal, India – One of the world’s seven wonders made of white marble by a man who wanted to express his love to his wife. Take this as an excuse to tour around India which is filled with its exotic traditions and diverse people.
8.Great Barrier Reef, Australia – The world’s largest single structure made of living organisms, you will never see a more beautiful display underwater. The reef also supports thousands of species of flora and fauna.
9. Hawaii, United States – A beautiful island bursting with natural beauty and culture. Watch the molten lava flow at Kilauea volcano, hike through the valleys and visit temples, or just chill at the beach.
10. Niagara Falls – Specifically, view these majestic falls from Canada instead of the United States. Shock and awe is what travelers experience when they witness the Niagra Falls in their full glory. While you’re there, make it a point to get on one of those maid-in-the-mist boats to fully enjoy the Niagara Falls experience.
Hope you’re packed and ready for these awesome destinations! Have a safe and pleasant travel!